In the terminology of LifeWay’s VBS team a VBS Geek is about as good as it gets. Considering we are all VBS Geeks ourselves, we love to hang out with others who eat and sleep VBS all year just like we do. Speaking of hanging out with VBS Geeks, if you are attending LifeWay’s ETCH Conference next week in Nashville make plans to join me and the team Tuesday night at Music City Center for VBS Under the Stars.
Now on to 10 Things Geeks Know To Be True.
1. VBS week is the best week of the year.
2. There is no better day than today to begin planning for next year’s VBS.
3. Years are easiest to remember by recalling VBS themes.
4. VBS snacks are appropriate for any and all occasions.
5. The most comfortable quilts are made out of VBS logo t-shirts.*
6. A box, macaroni, glue, and gold spray paint are the only supplies needed for a memorable VBS craft.
7. The “Stand Up Chord” would make a great ring tone.
8. The message of John 3:16 is why we do what we do.
9. VBS memories are the sweetest.
10. The second best week of the year is the week of VBS Preview in January.
*Now that Fall is officially here it seems a good time to bring out those quilts. LifeWay’s VBS team would love to see your VBS quilt creations. Send as a picture. You just might inspire a new generation of VBS Geeks.