While September might not be the best time to recruit your complete roster of VBS workers, you just might be considering enlisting a few people to serve on the leadership team - especially if you want them to join you for Preview in January.
Here are six tips to help you get started.
- Ask God to help you to find the right people to volunteer for the positions you need, and for you to recognize those people.
- Personally ask people to join the team. A personal invitation lets them know you truly value them and want their help.
- Provide a job description so volunteers know what they are getting themselves into.
- Provide needed training and resources.
- Nothing can frustrate someone more than volunteering to help and then finding that the leader is unorganized and cannot tell them what needs to be done so stay organized.
- When people choose to join you they typically have to give up free time and other opportunities. Let them know that you appreciate them and all their hard work.