The best VBS leaders are learners, and the best learners enjoy sharing with others what they have learned through trial and error. Following are words of advice that have been collected through the years from great leader-learners just like you.
- Include missions rotation videos and teaching resources during the large-group worship rally or during snacks.
- Extend worship rally time by a few minutes and include more music in place of the music rotation.
- For a smooth rotation schedule, use specific times for each group instead of general times for everyone. For example, 1st graders rotate to music at 9:41 p.m., 2nd graders rotate to crafts at 9:42 p.m., and 3rd graders rotate to recreation at 9:43 p.m.
- To save time rotate the leaders rather than the kids.
- Extend the VBS schedule by 15 minutes to allow five minutes between each rotation.
- Conduct worship rally in the middle of the day instead of at the beginning or end.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: What advice do you have concerning VBS scheduling?