The best VBS leaders are learners, and the best learners enjoy sharing with others what they have learned through trial and error. Following are words of advice that have been collected through the years from great leader-learners just like you.
- Inventory and know what you have before you make purchases.
- Appoint one person to purchase, sort, and distribute all supplies so you can control your budget.
- Give a specific deadline for supply lists to be turned in.
- At the end of VBS give each teacher a bag or box for turning in usable supplies.
- Enlist a supply manager to be on hand during worker preparation day, for at least 30 minutes before each session, and at the conclusion of the week to help workers locate and return supplies.
- If a supply room does not already exist, set up a spare room as “VBS Supply Central” to help workers quickly locate and return supplies.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: What advice do you have concerning managing VBS supplies?