The best VBS leaders are learners, and the best learners enjoy sharing with others what they have learned through trial and error. Following are words of advice that have been collected through the years from great leader-learners just like you.
- Ask all teachers to carry a cell phone during VBS so they can call the director if they have a problem or need. Create a group messaging list for emergency messages.
- People are better than signs for directions. Use greeters to help parents and children get to the appropriate location.
- Send letters (e-mails) two weeks before VBS to all leaders. Anticipate and answer as many questions as possible.
- Print a worker booklet with all VBS information.
- Have a Written Meeting (letter or e-mail). Include all the information they need to know so everyone is on the same page.
- Ask workers to indicate their preferred means of receiving information: e-mail, text, phone call, Facebook.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: What advice do you have concerning communicating with VBS workers?