I am often asked why a church should choose LifeWay's VBS resources. My first response is that ministry leaders can trust that LifeWay's resources are Biblically trustworthy, evangelistically focused, and deliver age appropriate content. Long before I came to LifeWay in 2006 I had a strong conviction that LifeWay produced the very best resources based on these three foundational components.
My conviction has grown stronger with each passing year as I have observed and been a party to the new resources produced by LifeWay's VBS team. It is true that every publisher of VBS resources builds in distinctives that sets them apart. Here are a few of LifeWay's distinctives that in my opinion should make Journey Off the Map your first and only choice.
- Evangelistic helps built into every teaching resource - including music
- Every aspect of a VBS day focused on a central theme and Scripture passage - even snacks, crafts, and recreation resources are designed to continue and enhance the daily Bible study sessions
- VBS for the entire family with same daily theme for babies through adults, including kids and adults with special needs - plus resources specifically designed to connect VBS to the family and home
- Reproducible Takin' It Home CD for the ride home
- Original music that corresponds with the daily Biblical content and themes
- Music and drama resources for live performance
- Spanish resources for preschoolers and kids based on the same Scripture passages and daily themes as English resources
- A feature-length movie based on the theme that is designed to continue the VBS experience beyond the week - VBS 2015 movie is The Lost Adventure based on Journey Off the Map
- Backyard Kids Club resources designed to take the Journey Off the Map experience to neighborhoods, on mission, and to smaller-membership congregations
- Local, regional and national training specifically designed to prepare your team for Journey Off the Map
- On-line training at lifeway.com/vbs and ministrygrid.com
- VBS made simple with The 6 VBS guide in all age-group leader guides