Approximately sixty-six percent of Bible schools are now conducted in the evening. This rapid move from morning to evening results from a variety of reasons including worker availability and cooler temperatures. Before turning your VBS into an evening experience be sure to consider all of the pros and cons including the following:
1. Younger workers and more men are often available.
2. Kids who attend summer school, day camps, and child care are available.
3. It is easier to create a family experience by offering classes for teens and adults as well as kids.
4. Cooler temps in some locations.
5. Workers, especially leadership, have the bulk of the day to prepare.