Today's team VBS Geek of the Week is our fearless leader! She's the one who tries to keep all of us on schedule. Here's Rhonda VanCleave!
- What is your role on the VBS team? I am the publishing team leader. It is a lot like herding cats. I am responsible for making sure we have a theme and content every year. I also work with the team to divide up all the responsibilities so that all the pieces happen.
- What was your "geekiest" moment? Using two Arctic Edge large inflatable moose at our son's rehearsal dinner before his wedding. They were dressed appropriately as a bride and groom.
- What has been your favorite VBS theme? The next one. I know this is an odd answer, but I love new things and VBS is new every year. I have loved every theme and it is SO exciting to watch God put together the next one. I know He has a plan and a message to deliver. God allows our work to be the vessel.
- You might be a VBS geek if . . . Without moving from where you are right now, you can reach out and touch something related to VBS (past or present). No matter where I am, there are traces of VBS (keychains, T-shirts, notepads, leader guides with ideas I want to keep, pencils, the list goes on and on!).
- What makes you love working on VBS? The stories we hear. Right in the middle of an extra challenging day, we will hear from a church who is so excited about what God did through their VBS. We hear about hundreds of salvations, re-energized ministries, and people who had fun reaching kids and their families. Sometimes the stories are our own. We are so blessed that God lets us see a tiny bit of the great work He is doing.