This week’s VBS Geek of the Week is Jennifer Watkins from Unity Baptist Church in Georgia!
- What is your role in VBS? This year my role in VBS is the Director, for the past 6 years I taught pre-k and 5 year olds. I love to teach children they are the future of our church and if we do not train them at the time they are young you may not reach them. This is a cruel world we live in I just want to equip them as much as possible with the Love of God and the love of the church.
- What was your “geekiest” moment? My geekiest moment would be I love to wear a hat to class and I try to look for one that goes with the theam with VBS. Last year I wore a hat that had springs coming out in all direction and different colors for the collosal Coaster VBS, the kids love it.
- You might be a VBS geek if . . . you really get into the theme and just have fun and act like a kid enjoy what you do.
- What makes you keep doing VBS? What makes me keep doing VBS is just the joy and excitement on the children’s faces when they come in and see the decoration, kids coming to you and say I know my bible verse can I tell it too you. Can I help with the pledges I want to hold the bible, I want to hold the flag. The kids are so eager to just come sometimes its hard to get them to go home.
- When we came back from Ridgecrest we had one of the church memebers dress up as Action Pack Jack and they the kids loved it. We started a facebook paige just for our VBS page. This is for our workers and our members can go there and see where we are and what we have done so far and what decoration have been done. This is the first year we have done this and so far we have several people joining.