The Live It Track is a little different from the others track in that there are no subcategories. For example in the Create It Tracks you have five subcategories: Art Works, Kitchen Concoctions, Duct Tape Creations, Discovery Lab, and Construction Zone. Live It is your opportunity to get the kids involved in hands-on-missions. The Live It Track allows you to look for areas of need within your local community to address. The five lessons provide a Warm-up or introductory activity along with a debrief to tie the activity to the Bible study. The lessons also include plans to help you teach kids why they need to live it out, how to share the gospel, and how to show God's love to others. Then kids are lead to complete a project each day.
Included in the track are ideas to Serve Your Community, Serve Locally Through Creating and Giving, and ideas for Hosting a Family Night. So if you are looking to grow mission-minded kids, this track will come right along side you to help you reach your goal.
Zip Tips for Live It
- Consider instructing younger kids (grades 1-3) to assemble any care packages you are making, and allowing the older kids (grades 4-6) to deliver the packages to off-site locations.
- Think local or close to home to start planning your service projects. Then you can add in ministries that you are passionate about from next door or even another continent. It’s up to you to decide.
- Prepare kids for what they may experience in an off-site facility, such as a nursing home. Most children may not know what to expect. Let the kids know up front about any special rules or procedures they will need to follow while at the facility. For example, kids may not go into patients’ rooms.
- Allow the kids to do the work they are capable of doing. Kids learn through experiences. Kids will make mistakes and experience failure, but these are valuable lessons to learn.
- Discuss follow-up with your church leaders to develop a plan for how to continue relationships with the people your group is able to talk with throughout “Live It.”