Sometimes, it is a challenge to keep every kid that is playing a game with you engaged. Here are some tips to steer those sweet kids who struggle to stay on the same track with you:
1. Bring kids in close to you to give instructions and explain rules.
2. Tell kids that you need to see their eyes. This will help them make eye contact with you and to pay attention to what you are telling them. (Remove your sunglasses so that they can see your eyes, too.)
3. Face away from any distractions when giving instructions or telling kids how a game relates back to God's Word.
4. Kill a game before it dies on its own. You want kids to ask if you can play again every time. If a game is losing its steam, mix it up and play another game or change the rules.
5. Ask open-ended questions. Kids love to tell you about their lives. Give them a chance to do that and build relationships with them.
What tips would you add from your experience with kids?