Hi everyone! I know, I know, it's not Friday but I wanted to slip in a quick blog post today about one of my team members, Joyce Frazier!
Joyce just celebrated her 40th year at LifeWay! Forty years ago was 1971. . .do you remember 1971? Nope, I don't . . . I was born in 1971! heh heh ! ! ! (actually, she started in 1968 but I don't think they had invented counting back then 😀 . . .or she didn't officially start until 1971).
When I was in the Youth group at my church, I went through a program called, DiscipleYouth I. Joyce is listed as one of the team members that worked on that program! 😀 I like to tease her occasionally about that! (so, she might be indirectly responsible on how I act!) Ah ha ha ! ! ! just kidding!
Here are some other interesting facts from 1971!
- Average Income: $10,600
- Movie Ticket: $1.5
- Gallon of Gas 40 cents
- Voting age lowered to 18.
- Walt Disney World opens in Florida.
- Federal Express is started by Fred Smith.
- NPR begins broadcasting.
- Texas Instruments releases first pocket calculator.
- First cat scanner produced.
- Apollo 14 lands on the moon.
- First soft contact lens becomes available commercially.
- ABC cancels the Lawrence Welk Show.
- Masterpiece Theatre debuts on PBS.
- CBS airs first episode of All in the Family.
- Sonny & Cher Comedy hour premieres.
- First class postage stamp: 6 and 8 cents
- Best Motion Picture: The French Connection
- Record of the Year: "It's Too Late" by Carole King
- Album of the Year: "Tapestry" by Carole King
- Song of the Year: "You've Got a Friend" by Carole King
- John Lennon has hit song "Imagine"
- Rolling Stones have the hit single "Brown Sugar"
- Rod Stewart has a the hit single "Maggie May"
Thank you Joyce for your service to the Lord and all that you do for all the boys and girls! And the Hormel Chili! lol!